Wednesday, March 26, 2008


SUNRISE. SUNSET. Taken off the coast of Kona, The Big Island, Hawai'i by my daughter Krista.

Prayer for our Children
adapted by Deborah Sakry Lande from Marianne Williamson’s Illuminata


Dear Almighty Creator,

There are no words for the depth of our love for these children
We pray for their care and their protection
We surrender them into your great, mystical hands
Please, dear Creator, send your angels, spirits and guides to bless them always.
May they be protected from the darkness of our times.
May they always see You at the center of life.
May their heart grow strong
May all they do both love and serve others
May they live their lives for the greater honor and glory of our Creator

We surrender, Great Spirit, our parenthood to You.
Make me the parent You want me to be.
Show me how to love most patiently, to be there for my children most fully.
To understand profoundly who they are as individuals and what they need.
May this family be a blessing unto their lives now and forever.
May they learn here values and principles of love and righteousness
May they learn from me kindness
May they learn from me strength.
May they learn from me the lessons of power:
That they have it and must surrender it to You to be used for Your purposes
For thus shall you be gladdened
And thus shall we be free
To live most fully and love most deeply.
That is my wish
That is my prayer for them and for me forever
Amen

No comments: