Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Four "C's"

This den is my sanctuary. I stare at shelves that house precious treasures of my life. One shelf contains photos that remind me to TRUST in four universal themes: creation, creativity, courage and connection. On the far right, a photo of my mom and dad taken at our wedding represents creation. Next, a photo of me and my songwriting, musician friend peeks out behind an angel statue and represents creativity. Continuing to the left, a photo of Earl Bakken and me taken because I had the courage to ask him for a meeting. And finally, a photo of John’s parents, represents my connection to John, family and others. As my eye continues to move left on the shelf, I see two photo collages in identical silver beaded frames. The eight photos stand in tribute to the stunning family John and I built together (see OLD photo of Jake here). We ARE worth fighting for. We ARE worth loving through the rough spots. We ARE what the “right stuff” is made of. Now, how do I tell my restless heart to learn to love them ALL the way THEY want to be loved?

2 comments:

Tress said...

-this is beautiful writing Deb - thanks for the reminder about what's really important in life.

love you --

Jennifer Griffin-Wiesner said...

I like the new look, Deb! And those curls on Jake are amazing. And as usual your writing is lovely.