Friday, December 2, 2011

Land on something!

On the way home, John and I talked for the first half of the trip and then I pulled out Mac (my dreamy, sleek, shiny friend who holds all my innermost secrets). I started transcribing ideas from a leather notebook - a gift from my dear friend Ursula. The writing flowed easily on our way home from Iowa. What, I ask, is my legacy? The obvious is my children. The other obvious is my integrity. The not so obvious is my passion – which passion? Choose one for god's sake. Land on something. Take it seriously. Take it to heart. Move toward it. Think about it. Dream about it. Text about it. Email about it. Read about it. Search the web for it. Believe in it. Love it. Talk about it. Write about it. Be it. But, pick something. One thing. So the universe can KNOW, without a doubt, that IT is what I want to manifest!! There is a song from "Wicked" called For Good. The line that strikes me most powerfully is "you'll be with me like a hand print on my heart." I have had this photo hanging in my home for over 15 years. I can almost feel her heartbeat moving me closer to my calling. Thank you..friends..who have been with me through it all. You are like a hand on my heart.

1 comment:

Jennifer Griffin-Wiesner said...

My dear paintress, those three things are not separate. Read again what you have written...